About this role
Are you a qualified Montessori teacher with a passion for working with children, someone who enjoys bringing creativity, experience and passion to their classroom while also wanting to feel valued and motivated in your setting?
Ivy Lane Montessori and After School is based on Fitzwilliam Street Upper, Dublin 2. Ivy Lane provides Full and Part time care for children from 2 years and eight months old. In Ivy Lane, our mission is to guide children to become their own little person by learning and developing with their hands, hearts and minds.
A happy team is at the core of our school environment so in Ivy Lane we prioritize a structured team rota to ensure everyone has an enjoyable work/life balance, we make time for planning during work hours so that our teachers do not need to bring their job home with them and we offer additional days off for training, upskilling and just to rest and reset!
We are looking for an experienced, caring, creative and dynamic teacher to join our team. Please contact us if this position sounds of interest to you as we would like the opportunity to welcome the right candidate on board.
Roles and Responsibilities
The key elements of this role are to:
- Co- Manage and implement the Montessori learning and activity program for the children
- Responsible for the learning and development of Montessori aged children
- Ensuring the physical, emotional, and developmental wellbeing of key children and families
- Demonstrating passion and commitment to the provision of the highest standards of education, activities, and care for the children in Ivy Lane
- Implementing, planning, and reviewing the classroom and activity curriculum to include observations and reporting, ensuring that the well-being and physical needs of the children are being reached on a daily basis
- Show initiative and creativity in the planning, organization and communication of all activities, programs, and educational frameworks in Ivy Lane
- A key member of the planning process for creative, educational and physical activities in Ivy Lane based on the schools, weekly, bi- weekly and monthly objectives and timelines
- An up to date working knowledge of the latest developments in the early years sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills need to document and maintain all relevant records
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and operational practices at all times
- Awareness of early years regulations, relevant legislation and policies
- Work alongside team in supporting the school rota, allowing for staff break cover, nap time, school collections, extra circular activities and other any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contribute to the team effort of the Montessori and to attend staff meetings and social events as and when required
The successful candidate must have
Two years + experience in Montessori setting
Minimum qualification at Level 6 but level 7/8 preferable in Early Childhood Care & Montessori Education
Excellent Communication skill with fluency in both spoken and written English
Ability to form strong, warm and friendly relationships with children, parents and team
Up to 40 hours per week. These hours will vary between 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Dependent on experience
Minimum QQI/Fetac Level 6