We are seeking an Early Years Educator to join on friendly and welcoming team, here at Réaltaí Beaga. We are a Naíonra based preschool taking part in the ECCE scheme.
We run two sessions every day. The morning session is 8:30-11:30 and the afternoon session is 12:00-3:00. The contracted hours would be 8:15-3:15 Monday to Friday for the academic year.
Our curriculum is a mixed curriculum of Montessori, Highscope and child led. A good knowledge of the foundations of Aistear and Síolta would be favourable. We have a strong emphasis on creativity and independence also.
The position is to begin the end of August/ start of September 2023. However, we do have scope for a maternity leave cover effective from May 2023.
We do offer paid midterm breaks eg Halloween, Christmas, Easter etc.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We would like the candidate to be able to do the following:
- Organise lessons and materials in advance of lessons.
- Help to plan the curriculum.
- Engaging in resource making.
- Light cleaning at the end of each day.
- Observing and recording children's developmental milestones and progressions when necessary.
- An interest in the Irish language and / or the willingness to learn.
- A minimum Fetac Level 5 in Childcare Qualification
- Spoken Irish at some level (even if it is basic)
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Someone who enjoys being part of a growing busy team.
- Ability to easily adapt to change.
- First Aid Trained.