Afterschool practitioner. Permanent part-time contract.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing high quality afterschool which will assist in the social, physical and cognitive development of children attending Mellow Spring Childcare Development Centre.
- Support children with homework or projects as required.
- Providing feedback to parents in conjunction with the Manager
- Maintaining a positive approach to children so that each child is encouraged to develop confidence and self-esteem.
- Maintaining classrooms and other areas within the building used by children, to a high standard of safety and hygiene.
- Administer First Aid as and when appropriate.
- Ensuring activities are appropriate to the children’s age and child development opportunities are provided.
- Ensuring relevant records are kept in accordance with childcare regulations and Centre policies.
- Working in close co-operation with other staff in the planning and implementing activities to encourage each child’s development.
- Ensuring routines are followed and planning of activities is carried out in accordance with the High Scope curriculum underpinned by the national frameworks of Aistear and Siolta.
- Ensuring as a practitioner, all work is undertaken within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within the Centre.
- To attend training and avail of continued professional development where practical and available.
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the Board of management from time to time.
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and info
- Represent Mellow Spring in a respectable, responsible way at all time
The successful candidate must have
- A level 6 qualification in Early Childhood Education/Studies
- Have knowledge of High scope and the National Frameworks
- Experience Providing quality services to children attending our centre
- Fluent English
- Be flexible, cooperative and have the ability to work as part of a team
- A good working knowledge of Aistear,Síolta and Highscope
- Up to date First Aid and Children’s First Training or willingness to complete both.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues of poverty and social exclusion and its impact on the local area
- At least 2 years paid experience working in early years.
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and the ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to take part in CPD and team building activities.
22.5 hours per week.(1:30-6pm)
€14.50 (LEVEL 6) -€17 (Level 8) per hour depending on qualification.
Finglas Dublin 11
Minimum QQI/Fetac Level 6