Deansrath Family Centre has an exciting opportunity for the post of Early Years Educator. Our inclusive preschool requires a passionate, highly qualified individual who puts the needs of the children above all else. This is a 30hr per week post Monday to Friday with the opportunity for the expansion of hours if required. This post offers a very competitive salary based on qualifications. The opportunity to engage in further training and CPD will be provided. Opportunities to engage in parenting programmes and therapeutic programmes offered to older children and young people will be provided to the right candidate.
Candidates should apply with their most up to date C.V and a cover letter at their earliest convenience to the manger firstname.lastname@example.org.
A flexible approach to their work
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work in partnership with other Educators
• Prepared to complete a Garda Vetting form and additional mandatory training required for the role
• Be naturally warm and respectful towards children & their needs and interests
• Be passionate regarding the delivery of a quality Early Years’ experience for all children
• Be able to successfully follow a play based/emergent curriculum.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of various pedagogical approaches
• Be passionate regarding outdoor play and the implementation of a nature pedagogy
• A firm belief in inclusion and adapting individual practice to ensure the best individual outcomes for all children
Minimum qualification of level 6 in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent a higher-level qualification is desirable.
• Experience in an early year’s setting is essential.
• A sound working knowledge of Síolta & Aistear
• An inclusive approach to practice
• Knowledge of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) (Registration of School Age Services) Regulations 2018
• An understanding and knowledge of the National Quality Framework and of all aspects of operating a quality early years environment
• A good knowledge and understanding of child protection and the duties and responsibilities underlined in Children First
• A good knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation
• Experience of working with parents as partners