Description of Role:
Looking for a Childcare Practitioner to join our team!
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work across a range of age groups
- Be flexible in your approach to the working environment and the requirements of the service.
- Guide, observe, stimulate, and supervise children in a safe and caring environment as part of the childcare team.
- To provide a safe environment where children can access play opportunities.
- Work in close co-operation with the manager and the other team members.
- If required, act as a key worker to specified children.
- Ensure the safety, security, and wellbeing of all children in your care.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of an age-appropriate stimulating programme of activities that will enhance the child’s natural growth and development.
- Ensure all quality and safety standards are maintained at all times.
Participate in quality improvement initiatives
The successful candidate must have
- Minimum QQI Level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent.
- A certificate in First Aid and Children First (Child Protection) training would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills to document learning and maintain all relevant records.
- Fluent English is essential.
Minimum QQI/Fetac Level 5