Little Buds Childcare seek to fill a vacancy of Management position.
Closing date for applicants 8th September 2023
The Position is a Full Time Permanent position, 40 hours per week Monday – Friday.
Role Summary: To work in partnership with the owner of Little Buds to ensure the efficient day-to-day running and management of the Crèche and to provide direct pre-school and afterschool provision to children aged 2.5 years – 13 years.
The Managers duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
To direct and coordinate the management of Little Buds,
To establish and maintain a standard of care and education in accordance with the best national and international practices.
Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the relevant standards as set out by Little Buds and Tusla Regulations.
Establish and maintain relationships with children and families that are based on respect and equality.
• Must ensure the service operates to full capacity through efficient enquiry tracking and follow us to maximise FTE enrolment and occupancy uptake.
• Efficiently manage the registration of all new children in line with company registration policies and procedures.
• To operate within financial budgets, liaising with Creche Owner.
Health and Safety
• Responsible for establishing highest standards of a health & safety, always maintaining secure environments for children and staff. Develop and implement safety systems in line with Tusla regulations. Ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards are always maintained.
• To ensure that the building is always in excellent condition in compliance with the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, the Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Act 2005, and in line with company Policies and Procedures.
• To develop and manage Fire Safety procedures in conjunction with the Management committee for the service as laid down by the Fire Safety Act 1997 and Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016. This will include organizing monthly fire drills, staff training and keeping and maintaining accurate records, carry out risk assessment and update safety statements as required.
• To develop and maintain best practice, child centred, play based standards as outlined in Siolta, the national quality framework, Aistear the national Curriculum Framework and the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016.
• To ensure that quality standards are maintained in relation to the professionalism of staff as set out in the standards established by Little Buds.
• To be an advocate for the Little Buds values and embed values-based culture within the organisation through identifying and acknowledging employee examples of demonstrated value-based behaviours.
• To assume responsibility for employee engagement including recruitment of new employees, employee induction and orientation, continued professional development training, employee supervision and support, and annual employee development plan (EDP) in conjunction with company policies and procedures. Participate in the recruitment process and internal promotion of employees within Little Buds.
• Responsible for employee engagement including Probationary reviews, annual EDP, performance management and maintaining records of same. Establish, monitor and implement a pro-active absence management plan with corrective action where agreed standards are not being maintained by employees.
• Performance management of students on placement throughout the year in conjunction with relevant supervisors providing relevant feedback to students and Colleges, completing reports as required.
• To implement an effective communication system with parents/guardians, to include a parent viewings and induction meetings and provision for regular parent/carer meetings, in line with company Policies and Procedures. Meet parents as necessary to discuss children’s progress.
• Keep parents informed regularly about changes i.e. fees, holidays and general news about the services.
Business Development/Public Relations
• Play a leading role in developing business on behalf of the crèche through networking with relevant multi-disciplinary agencies, schools, County Childcare Committees, Early Childhood Ireland and other associations who may assist in the development of crèche services.
• Implement creche strategy through regulatory compliance, providing high quality care with Tusla and Pobal compliance at inspections.
Essential Skills, Education & Qualifications:
• Must hold a minimum Level 7 qualification in Childcare/Early Childhood Care & Education
• An excellent understanding of all childcare regulations.
• Minimum of two years in a similar management role.
• Full Driving Licence
• Relevant Qualification in supervision of childcare facility.
• Knowledge and understanding of government funded schemes such as NCS, ECCE, CCSP etc.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in crèche facility.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A proven level of computer literacy.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service and handle complaints professionally
• Applicants must be outgoing, friendly, have a genuine love of children and strong work ethic.
Minimum of ERO PayScale for Management role. Negotiable for correct candidate.