This is a full time position of 40 hours per week and the successful candidate will have a split role between a room and office hours. He/she will also have to step in for the manager as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- implement quality early childhood curriculum and to develop age appropriate activities will be of the utmost importance in this position.
- Provides quality learning opportunities for children
- Assist the Crèche Manager in the management of the overall crèche;
- Ensure the crèche operates within the crèche policies and procedures along with ratio, legislation & any regulations requirements.
- Maintain a professional approach to dealing with parents and fellow workers
- Develop positive and open professional relationships with families, children and staff
- Provide effective support, guidance & mentoring to staff members of the crèche
- Ad-hoc duties as required by Management
The successful candidate must have
- Experience in a crèche supervisory/ management role is an advantage but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ childcare/creche experience
- Hold a minimum of Fetac Level 6 in Childcare certificate.
- Competent computer literacy
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of TUSLA regulations and requirements
Muckalee Co Kilkenny
Minimum QQI/Fetac Level 6