Role Summary: To work in partnership with the Management Board of Busy Kids to ensure the efficient day-to-day running and management of the Crèche and to provide direct pre-school provision to children aged 0 – 12 years. The Manager is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of Busy Kids, establish and maintain a standard of care and education in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by Sonas Busy Kids and Tusla Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with children and families that are based on respect and equality.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Must ensure the service operates to full capacity through efficient enquiry tracking and follow us to maximise FTE enrolment and occupancy uptake.
- Efficiently manage the registration of all new children in line with company registration policies and procedures.
- To work with Support Office ensuring all financial aspects of the role are completed within time scales and to agreed quality standards.
- To operate within financial budgets, liaising with Creche Coordinator and Financial Director
Health and Safety
- Responsible for establishing highest standards of a health & safety maintaining secure environments for children and staff at all times. Develop and implement safety systems in line with Tusla regulations. Ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- To ensure that the building is in excellent condition at all times in compliance with the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, the Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Act 2005, and in line with company Policies and Procedures.
- To develop and manage Fire Safety procedures in conjunction with the Management committee for the service as laid down by the Fire Safety Act 1997 and Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016. This will include organizing monthly fire drills, staff training and keeping and maintaining accurate records, carry out risk assessment and update safety statements as required.
- To develop and maintain best practice, child centred, play based standards as outlined in Siolta, the national quality framework, Aistear the national Curriculum Framework and the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016.
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained in relation to the professionalism of staff as set out in the standards established by Busy Kids.
- To be an advocate for the Busy Kids values and embed values based culture within the organisation through identifying and acknowledging employee examples of demonstrated value based behaviours.
- To assume responsibility for employee engagement including recruitment of new employees, employee induction and orientation, continued professional development training, employee supervision and support, and annual employee development plan (EDP) in conjunction with company policies and procedures. Participate in the recruitment process and internal promotion of employees within Busy Kids
- Responsible for employee engagement including Probationary reviews, annual EDP, performance management and maintaining records of same. Establish, monitor and implement a pro-active absence management plan with corrective action where agreed standards are not being maintained by employees.
- Performance management of students on placement throughout the year in conjunction with relevant supervisors providing relevant feedback to students and Colleges, completing reports as required.
- To implement an effective communication system with parents/guardians, to include a parent viewings and induction meetings and provision for regular parent/carer meetings, in line with company Policies and Procedures.Meet parents as necessary to discuss children’s progress.
- Keep parents informed regularly about changes i.e. fees, holidays and general news about the services.
Business Development/Public Relations
- Play a leading role in developing business on behalf of the crèche through networking with relevant multi-disciplinary agencies, schools, County Childcare Committees, Early Childhood Ireland and other associations who may assist in the development of crèche services.
- Implement creche strategy through regulatory compliance, providing high quality care with Tusla and Pobal compliance at inspections.
The successful candidate must have
Education & Qualifications:
- Must hold a minimum Level 6 qualification in Childcare.
- Level 7/8 qualification in Childcare.
- Relevant Qualification in supervision of childcare facility.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in crèche facility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven level of computer literacy.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and handle complaints professionally
- Applicants must be outgoing, friendly, have a genuine love of children and strong work ethic
40 Hours per week
Busy Kids Ballycummin, Raheen, Limerick.
Minimum QQI/Fetac Level 6